Saturday 5 March 2011

Day 9 and back on the road again.

It was great to have the day off yesterday, I relaxed, had my tooth fixed, picked up Robert from the airport and slept. The sleep probably was not the best idea because I landed up not being able to sleep last night which resulted in me being tired this morning and being absolutely exhausted now at 7.45pm tonight.

We had a big ride today, it started at Humansdorp, 90km outside Port Elizabeth. We started off by making a donation to the National Sea Rescue Institute (NSRI), it was quite amusing that 3 of us riders have had to receive help from NSRI at some time. After that we headed for Plettenburg Bay, a ride of 150km. Although there were not many hills to climb the combination of the distance and the sun took toll on me and I was relieved to see The end of the day's ride 5 hours 20 minutes later. My chain has stretched over the last week, I was fortunate to find a very helpful bike shop to take care of it. The guy came and picked the bike up when we finished the ride and had delivered it back before the second donation was finished. We made a donation to a home for physically handicapped children and then headed to our B&B just in time to catch the last 30 minutes of the sharks rugby game. As the afternoon progressed I became more and more exhausted and am packed and ready for tomorrow so it's early bed for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment